We help new and existing Kiwi businesses with everything you need to succeed. Whether you’re at the early stages of planning a new business idea or you need help getting to the next step, you can reach out to us for advice and guidance. Our team of professional advisers are keen to see more New Zealand businesses flourish, and we want to help you get there.
Have you got a business idea that you want to implement? Perhaps something that you’ve been thinking about for years, but never acted on. We know that starting a business can be overwhelming. But with the right support, it’s something anyone can do.
The good thing is you don’t need legal or financial expertise to get started – because that’s where we come in. We can help guide you through the initial phases and turn your business idea into reality. You’re welcome to come in and see us for a free first consultation.
Our services for new businesses include:
- Finding the most suitable structure for your business - sole trader, partnership, or limited company.
- Preparing a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts.
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals.
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank.
- Complete any registration procedures with Companies Office, Inland Revenue or Customs and Excise
- Deal with company administration issues.
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements.
Business strategy and planning
As a business owner, your time is limited, and there are always things to do. The pressures of day-to-day tasks can often mean that strategic planning falls behind. But to have a successful business in the long term, you must plan ahead.
We’ll help you put together a strategic plan covering your business goals for the next 3-5 years, pinpointing exactly how you and your team can work to achieve them.
Your business strategy will:
- Define the characteristics of your company in three to five years.
- Identify your competitors.
- Define your objectives and financial goals.
- Have an effective implementation plan to achieve your goals.
Budgeting and financial monitoring
A budget is one of the most beneficial business tools, helping you set financial targets and measure performance. It can also improve your chances of acquiring funding, as financers often need a budget or cash flow forecast to approve financing. That’s why it’s vital for any successful business plan to have a solid budget.
The techniques we use will help you consider future scenarios and give you adequate financial goals to strive for in your business. With many types of budgets, we can help design the right one for you and your requirements. We also offer regular monitoring where we identify strengths and weaknesses in your budget, ensuring that you're making progress and hitting your business goal. Talk to our team about how we can help you prepare for the future with a bulletproof budget.
Have you ever wondered how your business performs compared to your competitors? Are you spending too much on advertising? Or not enough? Are your staff costs too high?
The process of benchmarking is to measure the performance of your business against others, considered to be the best in your industry. By doing so, you can identify performance gaps and implement changes to reach improvements.
We provide you with accurate and timely benchmarking reports, allowing you to:
- See how your business compares against your competitors
- Understand how the rest of your industry works
- Analyse the key performance indicators of your industry
- Develop strategies to achieve a competitive advantage
It’s crucial to establish a well-designed succession plan to ensure the long-term success of your business. You need to implement a strategy for passing on leadership roles, or even the ownership of your company, to the right people.
That way, you’ll know that the company will run smoothly after significant employees retire or move on. We can address the complex issue of succession planning, taking the stress off your shoulders.
Contact us for more information on forming a plan that safeguards the future success of your business.